A side hustle can get you closer to your dream of becoming financially independent. So it’s better to get started early and select a side hustle that will make it easier to execute alongside your main job. And the internet has made it easier than ever to make your side hustle a reality.
It is now easier than ever to start a side hustle alongside your main job especially if you are looking to build your side hustle in the LMS market. In today’s article, we will discuss why, how, and what to do if you want to kickstart your side hustle while leveraging your 9-to-5.
Why Should You Start an LMS Side Hustle
As the pandemic has proven, your normal job life can always be affected by something that is out of your control. That’s why it is always a good idea to start and maintain a side hustle to keep your income flowing or even increase it. In the days and age of the internet, starting a side hustle is as easy as setting up a website. There are multiple options on the internet if you just search for them. Here are a few tips on what you consider before starting.
- Easy to Start: Starting an LMS site has become much easier than before. Now with the proper tools, you can build an LMS site with drag-and-drop course-building experience. And to make the deal sweeter, popular platforms to build your LMS like WordPress are completely free to get started with.
- Does Not Require Much investment: For beginners looking to create their first LMS site, sometimes you can even start with zero dollar. That’s the beauty of WordPress and Tutor LMS. There’s also an amazing news. Recently you can take advantage of “Tutor Starter” which is free and built especially for Tutor LMS.
- Educate and Earn: You can earn money while also spreading the light of education.
- Extend and scale: Regarding future expansion, you can always take advantage of various add-ons & integration with some of the most popular tools used by the industry leaders.
Things You Need Before Starting
You need to make sure you have the following things to get started building your LMS side hustle business.
- A domain name of your choice
- A good hosting service
- A perfect LMS plugin
Though there are many options out there, we have some recommendations on some tips for getting started. We have added them accordingly inside the relevant sections. For LMS WordPress hosting suggestions, we recommend you go through this article.
Choosing an Ideal Platform for Setting Up Your LMS
There are several players out there with their own LMS solutions. Each has some advantages and also disadvantages over each other. If we are to divide them by the hosting differences some of them are hosted on there can be two types of hosted LMS platform.
- A self-hosted platform that you have flexibility over
- Hosting your courses and lessons on a third-party platform
There are advantages to choosing either one over another. We recommend WordPress as a platform to host your LMS site. As it will give you more freedom to build it just the way you want.
Selecting the Perfect LMS to Start The Journey
In our recommendation, you can use Tutor LMS to get your LMS journey started. It is completely free and easy to set up using its easy-to-understand features. The great thing is you don’t need to spend a penny to start your LMS journey.
Although there are other solutions out there, none comes close to the functionalities over the price that Tutor LMS offers. It enables you to easily create your own LMS site on WordPress with simple-to-understand implementation options.
Here are the steps to design courses with Tutor LMS:
- Define Learning Objectives: Clearly outline the goals and objectives of the course to guide content creation.
- Identify Your Audience: Understand your target audience’s needs, preferences, and prior knowledge to tailor the course accordingly.
- Gather Content: Collect and organize relevant content, including text, images, videos, and assessments.
- Storyboarding: Create a visual outline or storyboard of the course structure, including modules, lessons, and assessments.
- Content Creation: Develop course materials, ensuring they align with the learning objectives and are engaging.
- Design and Layout: Create an appealing and user-friendly course design with consistent formatting and navigation.
- Interactive Elements: Incorporate interactive elements like quizzes, assignments, discussions, and simulations to enhance engagement.
- Assessment Strategies: Develop assessments and quizzes to measure learner comprehension and progress.
- Multimedia Integration: Add multimedia elements, such as audio, video, and animations, to enhance content delivery.
Tutor LMS Plays Nicely With Your Favorite Tools
Other than the proper LMS solution, you also need appropriate tools to scale your LMS platform. Such as a good hosting solution, a good LMS theme to make the look & feel of your LMS, professional. Also, you need to keep what are the offered integration solutions go hand in hand with.
Tutor LMS has plenty of official integration that will help you to create an LMS platform built for the masses with the tools that you are confident with. All the integrations have been tested to work flawlessly with Tutor LMS so you can use them confidently. You can check out the integration page for more information.
Use Intuitive Ways to Keep the Students Engaged
Now that you have set up your LMS platform and started marketing for it, you should be getting interested persons aka students involved with the courses that you offered. But the hard part is getting them interested and engaged to course completion. To do that you need proper tools that are time tested to retain and keep students engaged.
Though there are several ways to keep your students engaged, during this pandemic we have found out that holding live classes is one of the most engaging events you can choose to do. And did you know that with Tutor LMS you can hold live classes using Zoom?
Start Earning from Your LMS Site
Earning a stable income from your LMS site will make sure that you have a positive return on your investment. And in turn, will make sure you are getting what you are working for. Hopefully one day this will create a substantial amount of income that might be able to replace your 9-5 job. Or in the least give you more financial freedom.
If you are opting for Tutor LMS, you might be interested to know that managing money is a breeze while using Tutor LMS.
So, what are you waiting for? As you can see from the above-mentioned points, there are easy ways to start your LMS side hustle without putting in much effort. And all it takes is your willingness for greater financial freedom.
Comment down below with your thoughts. And share it with someone you think will benefit from this.